Dawsongroup emc, formerly Dawsongroup sweepers, started out with 430 road sweepers back in 2005, following the acquisition of Northern Municipal Spares Ltd. As our fleet offering grew, we secured the position as the UK’s number one supplier of municipal vehicles.
Today, we have evolved well beyond our roots as a sweeper company. As we have diversified and expanded into new sectors, our fleet has advanced significantly and we now offer a prestigious range of municipal, industrial and specialist vehicles to public and private sector companies.
We supply a wide range of vehicles from some of the most respected manufacturers in the fleet industry, including Bucher, JCB, Scarab, Tennant, Thompson and Whale.
Our extensive range includes:
• Chassis mounted sweepers
• Compact sweepers
• Sweeper scrubbers
• Pedestrian sweepers
• Road sweepers
• Tipper grabs
• Gully tankers
• Caged tippers
• Suction excavators
• Hook loaders
We are focused on innovation, and have recently sealed a major new deal with JCB for six of its revolutionary pothole fixing machines to help tackle Britain’s nine-year backlog of road repairs.
The JCB Pothole Pro fixes potholes permanently, first time, without the need for labour intensive repair methods or additional expensive machinery. The six machines are now being rolled out for rent on contract hire by local authorities and contractors across the country.
Sustainability is also a major commitment for us and we have made a multi-million-pound investment into alternative fuels, bringing a range of zero emission electric road sweepers to market. Both our Lynx Charge compact sweepers and Bucher MaxPowa V65e truck mounted sweepers boast significant environmentally friendly credentials.
The Lynx Charge features 2m3 container capacity and unparalleled power. Built on the same platform as the diesel-powered Lynx, the Charge uses a custom-designed battery pack and innovative systems to utilise the available energy.
The Bucher MaxPowa V65e is a 100% electric sweeper, offering a solution for zero emissions sweeping combined with longer on-station time, ease of use and low operational costs.
We will also be launching our new electric medium volume tanker (eWhale) in early 2023. The eWhale is the UK’s first fully electric MVC and the latest multifunctional gully cleaner and drain jetter, designed by Whale Tankers. It will enable both local authorities and private sector contractors to operate in inner city ultra-low emission zones (ULEZ).
In addition to the Whale’s main environmental attribute, zero emissions, it also delivers improved operating efficiencies. Featuring two banks of chassis mounted lithium battery packs, that deliver power via a 9-phase process to a 2kW electric drive motor, eWhale has the capacity to remain fully operational over a normal vehicle shift pattern.
First-class customer support
Our number one priority is keeping our customers operational and on the road, which is why we have a first-class customer service provision. This includes:
• Tailored service level agreements – we offer the choice of full-service contracts or pay-as-you-go contracts with options for monthly or weekly KPIs, helping to improve overall operator and engineer performance.
• Service and maintenance excellence – our engineers are experts in their field, fully manufacturer-trained, and both road and workshop-based. We also have a technical support team and are proud to achieve fix rates of 92% within 24 hours, and 97% within 48 hours. Not only can we service and maintain vehicles from our own fleet, but we can also care for those bought or hired from external suppliers.
• Nationwide 24/7 support and roadside assistance – we offer nationwide roadside assistance for hydraulic hose, windscreen, puncture repairs, and recovery, supported by two main in-house service desks and stores. Exchange parts are also available locally from our fully stocked service vans, offering you peace of mind and a quick resolution.
• Driver training – we can train your drivers to any level, from product familiarisation to full certification. This ensures the vehicles are used in the most efficient manner, saving you time and money.
• Designated representatives – we have a dedicated team of sales executives and service controllers who cover specific regions, offering you regular review meetings and access to invaluable specialist equipment experience and expertise.
• Dedicated compliance department – our dedicated compliance team has access to a wide network of over 600 third-party repair agents, helping to protect your operator licence.
Why choose Dawsongroup emc?
Fleet ownership can be costly. From breakdowns and repairs to regular servicing and maintenance, owning your own specialist vehicles requires a financial commitment for the lifetime of the equipment. Safeguarding your investment, and your fleet, through rental can significantly de-risk ownership and provide a number of benefits, including:
• The agility to change
Every business goes through changes from time to time. Demand can alter, as can budgets. If you own your assets, you have little room for adjustment when it comes to fleet management.
Rental gives you the luxury of flexibility. You have more options to change vehicles as your requirements change, ensuring that your fleet is always fit for purpose.
We offer a low rate for exchanging or returning equipment, and can offer contract extensions with the same machine or a newer model as and when required. This means that not only can you adapt your fleet to match your needs, but you can also invest in the latest innovations, without high overheads.
• Access to quality vehicles
Due to the buying power of Dawsongroup and our forward planning process, we can purchase bulk amounts of stock so we are ready and waiting for when demand hits. This gives our rental customers the pick of the most prestigious specialist vehicles on the market.
• Regular reviews
As a customer focused company, we offer monthly, quarterly or bi-annual review meetings to discuss service performance and review any out of contract costs. We can also provide you with weekly and monthly KPIs to help you keep on top of operations. This way, we can ensure that you are getting the best solution for your business, and can continue to improve our already high standards of service.
To find out more about Dawsongroup emc, visit dawsongroupemc.co.uk
Company contact information:
T: 01484 400 111