Chevin Fleet Solutions has launched a new SaaS package ' FleetWave CORE ' designed to support SMEs in their essential fleet, maintenance and compliance management responsibilities.
The new product is a pre-configured version of Chevin's enterprise fleet management software and is described as containing the fundamental tools needed for best practise fleet management, straight out-of-the-box.
Speaking about the new product, Ashley Sowerby, managing director at Chevin, said: 'We have used more than 28-years' fleet management expertise to pre-configure this new software package.
'CORE is comprised of all the key tools and reports that most organisations will need to run an effective fleet operation and we are continuously updating the application with new features.
'Many organisations we speak to still rely on out-of-date legacy systems, spreadsheets and paper-based methods to manage their fleet but CORE is the perfect application to help them update their processes to best practice, using a modern, cloud-based solution'
Compared to FleetWave and other products on the market, CORE pricing is more accessible for not only small and medium sized businesses but also larger fleets looking for a lower-cost alternative.
Chevin say this price reduction was primarily achieved by eliminating the project management and configuration services that are usually included. This also allows for much faster deployment times compared to its project-managed counterpart, allowing CORE to simply be turned on for immediate use.
'The biggest barrier for most smaller organisations looking at enterprise fleet software is the initial investment and lengthy delivery times. Developing a pre-configured version of our product that can be instantly deployed but still expanded with additional functionality post-installation has allowed us to offer the benefits of FleetWave to a much wider market,' said Ashley.
'There's an enormous range of great looking fleet applications appearing on the market but they are unfortunately far too basic or rigid. Meanwhile, more scalable enterprise fleet systems often have a price tag which is unattainable for budget-stricken fleets, especially when it comes to making an initial investment. FleetWave CORE fills this gap in the market'
At the point-of-sale, features include:
- An asset registry, to document all company-owned vehicles and associated information
- Vehicle and equipment allocations, to track which operator is in possession of which vehicle, usage details such as reason and meter readings
- Regulatory and legal compliance, allowing fleet managers to keep on top of strict government requirements such as MOT, Tax, Insurance and O Licences
- Maintenance tracking, to manage job cards, defect reporting, warranty claims and service schedules
- Fuel logs, to record transactions, analyse fuel economy and associated vehicle emissions with optional fuel card integration
- Accident history, to report incidents, follows claims and track repairs
- Costing reports, detailing total ownership costs, cost-per-mile and more
- Dashboard KPIs, to provide an overview of fleet performance and alerts to important dates and events via a traffic light system